Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Baby is Here

Well, just the day after I posted my last blog, I went into labor.  The contraction started about 4:30 in the morning, but I pretty much dismissed them because I had had contractions all the time.  However, as the day progressed, they continued despite my best efforts to get them to stop.  When Craig came home for lunch, I decided I needed to call my OB and get his take on things.  His take was to come in and if I was truly in labor, have a baby.  I think with all the things going on in the pregnancy, he was looking for any reason to go ahead and deliver me.  So, I went to the hospital, but not before a quick shower, packing of the bags, a quick trip to Craig's temporary work (all while contracting mind you), to Abby's school to pick her up and then finally to the hospital.  By the time I arrived, the contractions were getting a little more intense.

I was hooked up to monitors and such as soon as we got there at about 3:00pm but because I had had a couple of bites to eat about 1000, they decided to wait to do the c-section until 6pm.  The nurse was convinced that if I just got hydrated, the contractions would stop and I could not have the baby today if I so chose.  I about laughed at her since I had done everything I knew to do as a nurse to stop the contraction with no avail.  I was almost three weeks early.  After four sticks, an IV was placed and I was hydrated which only made my contractions stronger.  By the time they wheeled me back for the c-section, I was asking for the epidural.  I think it's not totally fair that if I have to be a repeat c-section, that I should have to be in labor too.  Well, at 6:30pm our little man was born.
So I would like to introduce you to

Carter Russell Hogan
Born September 15, 2001  6:30pm
7lbs 13oz  20.5 inches and 100% cute












He has been the new love of my life since the moment I saw him. I am so glad he got here safe and sound and I can no longer remember what my life was like without him.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

He is such a cute boy.
By the way, you look stunning in these photo's, was that while still in the hospital?

AllisonK said...

He is beautiful! Love this photos. They are lovely!

Unknown said...

He's darling. Congratulations. I hope you are on the mend! Your girls are getting so big. Miss you.

thehogans5 said...

Since I haven't looked at my blog in forever I just saw your comment and thanks. these were taken in the hospital two days after Carter was born.

thehogans5 said...

Since I haven't looked at my blog in forever I just saw your comment and thanks. these were taken in the hospital two days after Carter was born.