Friday, May 21, 2010

Catching up.... Again

Well, life has flow by and my kids seem to be growing like weeds. The major events over the last couple of months have been: Rachel turning 5, a trip to Texas over spring break, a visit to the Ft. Worth Zoo and to the Children's Museum, Abby finishing soccer, and just plain life.





We found a bird's nest in our grill. The girls watched it religiously every day for about a week and then one day the eggs were gone. The girls were heartbroken. They really wanted to see the birds hatch. I was just glad to get my grill back!


Abby finished up her fourth year of soccer. She has become a really good player and gets soo frustrated if she doesn't get at least two goals per game. She LOVES soccer and plays it most days with the boys at recess.



Rachel had her first friend party for her birthday too. We had a tea party and on of our favorite babysitters came and painted the girls' nails. She invited her preschool class which is made up of eight four and five year old girls. It was crazy but fun.


Rachel wanted to eat at Babes in Texas for her birthday since Abby did in August. Babes is the best place to eat and when it's your birthday, you get to wear a chicken hat and do the chicken dance . Rachel is actually a little bit shy, so she refused to dance, but was excited to wear the hat!

Rachel wanted a birthday party in Texas so bad . It was so much warmer there than at home.
I can't believe she is 5 especially when she acts about 15 most days.


We had a great time relaxing at my parents house. The kids never want to leave!


We spent an afternoon at the park while Papa and Grandma Jo worked.


We had a great time going to the Zoo. Meg was soo excited to be there and we had a great time.





We spent one day at the Children's museum in Ft. Worth. It was great although I think my mom and I wore out way before the kids did.



Meg got her first haircut, although her hair still looks like she just woke up most days. She is getting so big. She finally decided to start walking when she was 14 months old and then ran from then on out. She climbs on everything and is soo busy. She is just starting to really try to talk and I love it. She is still my happiest kiddo and she makes my day so bright. I just hope the terrible twos stay away for a few more months as she is 20 months old today!




That briefly covers the more exciting moments of our last few months . We have a lot of fun things ahead for us, so hopefully I can remember to actually post them once in a while. I am still on my weight loss journey and journey to run a 5k in a few weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're kids are getting so big. So great to hear the updates.

Jay and Rochelle said...

what a fun trip! Your girls are growing up!