Sunday, February 22, 2009

My birthday

So much to my dismay, my birthday was this week. Normally I get really excited to have a birthday because its a day that is all mine; I can do what I want. Not this year. I am really having a problem with turning 37. Maybe its the gray hair I have to color now, the newly diagnosed arthritis in my knee or the ever increaing wrinkles by my eyes, but I am not happy about this. I feel like time is flying away from me and I have so many more things I want to accomplish before I turn 40. By turning 37, I realize my time to get these things done is slowly drawing to a close. I don't feel like I should be in my "late 30's" but here I am. I guess I will just have to embrace that it is something I can not change and be ever so grateful I am not 19 (it was great to be young, but I really don't want to relive my 20's). Change has never been one of my strong points, so I guess I will slowly adjust to this new age just in time to turn 38! Hopefully, this will be a good year of change and that some of that list I have can get accomplished. We'll just have to see.

2 comments:

Kim said...

There was a point where I felt the same way...but it was at 29. Here I am at almost 40 ready to embrace my age. I LOVE this age. I honestly can admit it is my favorite so far. I feel much more peace, more confidence, and much more contentment with myself than at any other time in my life...something that I believe only comes with age. So what if I have a few more wrinkles or even gray hair. I've earned every single one of them.

Other than that, I hope you had a fabulous birthday. I thought of you throughout the day hoping for a time I could call. The one bad thing in my life at this age...no time to even breathe.

Rolyndia said...

I felt the same way and than 40 hit and I realized even though I did not accommplish what I wanted, I have achevied some wonderful goals. You are an amazing person and I am glad you had a wonderful birthday.